Tuesday, April 1, 2008

From Pat Cibel


A Few of My Thoughts About Dad

There were the phone calls that would come out of the blue:
"Pat, would you do me a BIG favor....Please break it to your mother that I have
invited a few neighbors in for dinner."

Our many chats around the pool at Sunrise Condo were so revealing about his struggles through out life or successes and failures in business, and how proud he was of his Greek heritage. He had an ability to put things into perspective-to mend fences and to let go of past transgressions.

How will I ever be able to buy another car without him?

How lucky we all were to have him for so long. The legacy he leaves with his 11 grandchildren and 7 great grandchildren will live on. His hard work ethics, his honesty,his kindness and love of family was instilled in all of us from the oldest to the youngest.

My last fun thought of Dad was on the ill fated cruise ship. We were enjoying our favorite Latin band when he said, "Let's practice the Cha-Cha." We went to a spot nearby and did our thing until he said, "I've got it now."

He never really lost it.

I will miss our times together.
I will miss his kindness, his generosity and most of all, his unspoken love which
I felt every day of my life.

Dad- you were indeed special. You made my world a better place.
Thanks for a lifetime of memories.

No comments: