Thursday, April 24, 2008

From Billie Stathes Wills


I was devastated upon hearing the news about Cokie. I was so looking forward to their visit after the cruise.
My dearest oldest and best friend. Where do I begin? I was five and he was six when we met. I remember it well. I and several other children were waiting in an anteroom for our mothers who were in a Filoptohos meeting. Cokie was in charge of keeping us quiet. Instead this blue eyed blond little boy was entertaining us with his magical fingers- making little designs and flipping them around. He was such a cute little boy. He had us in an uproar.

And so it was for the rest of his memorable life. There was always a smile, always a quip, always a help, always fun. Never was there anger nor worry. Cokie always had a solution or an answer to another's problem. It was uncanny-ESP. He was there when needed without being asked.

Cokie loved his family and friends. He adored and was devoted to Bebe, his wife of seventy odd years. He was always thinking of ways to surprise her and make her happy.

He also loved automobiles. He always had the flashiest and the best. He treated the cars as off springs!

Cokie was loyal, dependable and trustworthy. Wherever he may be now, he is spreading joy.

I have lost my truest friend.

We will all miss him.

No comments: