Monday, February 18, 2008

From Karen Thomas who came to our family as a mother's helper to my sister many moons ago:


To the beloved family of George P. Cokinos: when I heard about the death of your beloved husband, father, grandfather (and many other titles for the many other roles he represented in so many lives), I felt as though I had been struck in my stomach and that feeling of not being able to catch my breath. I am saddened, sickened and sorrowful to know this extraordinary human being has passed on. George was a beautiful man -- a man possessed of stellar character -- a man who was bigger than life, an icon. George had the rare gift of acknowledging everyone present at any gathering or event he was a participant. What a memorable, compelling personality -- he was always so kind, nice and warm to me -- I celebrate that I had the privilege to know George P. Cokinos.
With heartfelt sympathy, I remain yours affectionately, Karen Thomas

No comments: